so...I'm adapting training to life as best as I can in the following ways.
Angela says that the long run is a staple and important to do. So instead of doing it on Saturday, I did it Wednesday night, 1:41 run in 3 loops. I ate a banana and drank water, as instructed ("eat real food"). Felt great. Not too tired, but then its not like I ran hard. I ran slow and easy.
Tuesday was a bad ass swim in the morning (pyramid)1:15 (2.7km), and a 40 min run at lunch.
Monday was a bike ride. Not the one prescribed by my plan, but it was about breaking an important psycological barrier...ie, the one I have with getting on the bike. Its easy to get used to not biking. The fact that I rode for 45min should be worth something.
And today, Thursday was a 1.7km swim (fairly easy, but I was slow cuz I was tired from the long run the night before). I taught a ski lesson and went for a 20min ski. I woulda went longer but the snow wasn't great (yeah, I'm a snow snob), and I had ants in my pants for an important phone call I was to make and then I had to get my brother at the airport and I'm blabbing.
Tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday is snowboarding with the bro, so there will be no scheduled exercise, although I will not be sitting on my butt the whole time (hopefully). There's a party Saturday night, so Sunday's brick might feel like a ten ton concrete block. I'll pretend I'm 18...that'll work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment