Monday, February 1, 2010

Alcoholic brick

Given that I don't ever drink, it would be fallacious to think that I could go out and drink on a Friday and then miraculously do a brick the following day. But that's what I did:


1:13 run (helluva slow 10km)
20min skate (improper technique out the wazoo, I was to find out the following day...)
47min (even slower 5km). 


This does not bode well for the iceman. I know I'm a slow runner, but that's pathetic even for me. I guess I should check the route to make sure that indeed it was that long, but really, if NAR says it is, who am I to judge. And really, I'd only be looking for excuses. 


I went to bed after that effort and had pizza and watched hockey. Something I haven't done this season. Toronto vs Vancouver (how could I loose?). Toronto was up 3 and lost like the wusses they are. Even I can't resist hockey day in Canada.


Sunday was the speed skating clinic (1hr). I've learned tons about proper technique and am still struggling with cross overs; I can't wait to try them out again on Tuesday. And I can't wait to feel what sharpened skates feel like! That'll be thursday. 


Weekly total: 5:05 + 2:20 + 1 = 8:25


hmmm...short week. Gotta blow out this week in prep for iceman taper. 


My ass still hurts from skating on Sunday. Tonight (Monday) was ski instructor get-together night. I may have clocked 15min on my feet. We mostly just stood around and talked and got cold. My mind wasn't in it. My mind is just not in a happy place today. Its been hard to focus on everything. I've also been feeling extra cold today. Every little wind gust makes me chilly. I don't want to do stuff around the house because I'll get chilly, I'd rather sit in bed with the covers on being lazy and reading. 


Might as well hit the hay for a long ass swim in the morning. G'Nite.









No comments:

Post a Comment