Tues night at the pool (after 1 hour pilates class containing some calf work), 3.5km hard aerobic pyramid swim. Hard but felt great. I could feel my calves wanting to cramp so I took it easy with the flip turns and didn't push off that hard. I thought I had won the battle with the possible cramping until I tried to step out of the hottub by pushing up on my left calf. It cramped like never before. It took the calm instructions of a lifegaurd to get my leg moving again (after a very dramatic yelp and me falling right back into a hottub very full of curious people). The muscles hurt a bit, but I was determined to do my double run day the next day. My hour morning run felt fine until I finished it. My calf protested and I must have really tore up some muscle because stayed swollen for three days. Couldn't walk the next day...
Lesson learned: my calf muscles are tight, they require stretching. Often.
Second lesson: If it hurts, running on it won't "stretch it out", it might just injure it. It's ok to take it easy if something hurts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment