45 min easy ski
1 hr strength swim (300 warm up, 6 x 50 drills, 15 x 100m PULL 80%, 10 x 75 PULL paddles only)
I couldn't run because my legs were dead dead dead from the long-ass run the day before. I wanted to run 10km, but there was no way in hell.
First thing I did when I got out on the snow was fall on my thumb and at best badly sprain it. I am currently struggling to work without a functional opposable thumb on my left hand, which I thought would be fine, but it turns out, it is integral to many things none the least of which is getting dressed. I'm boned for transition training (can't ties laces worth shit). And I can't type for very long without making it more sore. MUTHAFUKA. Why did this happen? Because I got out on skis and asked my legs to act normally. They weren't in normal shape and so they reacted abnormally: by failing me. Hurray for dead legs.
Regardless, my ass wants to run like a banshee. If my muscles didn't hurt so damn much today I might have been running to celebrate my day off running. Tomorrow I will run. Tomorrow I'd like to try to get in my first skate before the iceman. (First skate before the iceman? three weeks to go? am i shitting myself? well, whatever, can't change it now)
Also, I must post my weekly schedule...but my thumb aches and my eyes are tired. Later. Later. Later. Hard work sometimes pays off later, whereas Procrastination always pays off now.
Monday was a day off. I taught skate ski lessons. I loved my group, they worked so hard and improved tons. I'm a proud mother hen.
Weekly hours (final) total: 11:55
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment